I realize I’ve been less than stellar at keeping everyone in the loop about my reintroduction. I posted about the success of egg but since then I’ve also been able to reintroduce spinach and ginger! Thankfully the reintro’s have been very lack luster with no issues. (Next up is almonds!)
My boyfriend and I have had a jam packed labor day weekend. Today we went to an antique show and I made out like a bandit. I scored an antique cake server, two old pyrex glass pots for the stove, and some beautiful succulents/air plants. So needless to say after being out in the sun all day all I really wanted to do was watch ABC Family’s lineup of Disney movies they show on Sundays. (Finding Nemo is on in the background as I write this!)
It was now a goal to make dinner simple. Usually simple dinners are soups in this household. So I popped into the kitchen determined to be out in 30 minutes or less. I realized as I was putting the soup together I had unknowingly added all my news foods in. Making this Veggie Egg Drop Soup a great featured recipe for this weeks foods.
Chicken broth, eggs, spinach, and ginger are whipped into a quick delicious soup. I was successful in making it in 30 minutes or less, making it a quintessential quick meal. I also like that it can be made with pretty much anything left in your pantry/fridge at the end of the week. Be creative and make your soup unique! Some ideas to try might be celery, carrots, kale, rice, quinoa, and many more.
- I made my soup with some homemade broth I had hanging out in the freezer but packaged broth would work just as well. Just be aware of the salt level in a packaged broth and make sure not to overpower it in the end.
- Before elimination I’d love to add a dash or two of soy sauce to a soup to give it an Asian flair. This will also affect salt level so test tasting is important!
- If you’re feeling Italian instead another way I love chicken soup is with some Parmesan sprinkled on top. Asian or Italian, anyway you spin it, there’s nothing better than a steaming bowl of soup! Enjoy!
What’s got you busy this labor day weekend? Got any special meals planned? I’d love to hear from you. Be sure to follow me on my social channels and subscribe to my bi-weekly email newsletter below to never miss a bite!
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups spinach packed, chopped
- 1 small zucchini cut in thin circles
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Scramble eggs in measuring cup, season with salt
- Put broth in a pot turn heat to medium high, bring to a boil
- Add zucchini and ginger, boil 3-5 min (depending on how crunchy you'd like your zucchini)
- Reduce heat to medium low
- With one hand slowly stir soup, with the other hand slowly pour in the egg mixture into the broth (the faster you stir the put the more ribbon like the egg will become, stir it slowly and the eggs will become fat ribbons, pictures show a slow stir)
- Add spinach to pot, stir until its wilted, should take less than a minute
- Season with salt to taste and serve
- *I made my soup with some homemade broth I had hanging out in the freezer but packaged broth would work just as well. Just be aware of the salt level in a packaged broth and make sure not to overpower it in the end.
- *Before elimination I'd love to add a dash or two of soy sauce to a soup to give it an Asian flair. This will also affect salt level so test tasting is important!
- *If you're feeling Italian instead another way I love chicken soup is with some Parmesan sprinkled on top.
- *This soup is a great way to use up items in your pantry/fridge from the week. Try it with carrots, celery, rice, qunioa, or kale!