A light and refreshing tuna salad studded with artichoke hearts and olives. Perfect served over a salad, with crackers, or on a sandwich.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- Serves: 4 people
- 1 teaspoon salt (split into equal parts)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (heaping measure) black olives, sliced
- 1 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 4oz cans tuna, drained
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- Place garlic clove on cutting board (or in mortar and pestle) top with 1/2 tsp salt. Crush into paste with flat side of knife (or pestle), transfer paste to small bowl.
- To paste add olive oil, lemon juice, minced parsley, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add tuna, flake with a fork into small chunks. Add remaining 1/2 tsp salt, artichokes, olive, and red onion and toss gently to combine
- Pour dressing over tuna and toss gently until evenly dressed. Serve over lettuce, with cracker, or on a sandwich.